Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Unwind: 25 Year Anniversary Cruise

 Shane I decided to celebrate our 25th anniversary with a cruise to somewhere new.  We decided to go to the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao.    

I was a very nice trip. Here's a little bit about what we did at each stop and a little of the in-between: 

We sailed out of  Miami which isn't our favorite but you do what you've got to do. We got there a day early and just bummed around a little. This is the hallway to the bathroom at the restaurant we ate at. Yummy birra tacos. Psycadelic hallway.


Getting closer!


Finally on the ship, just waiting for the party to start. 


The first two days were at sea. There was lots of eating, sleeping, lounging and apparently not taking any pictures. :) 

Our first stop was Aruba. We went on a long walk to an Aruba sign then took a city bus to a nice beach.  It was crowded but a really nice beach and the water was nice. 














Next stop was Bonaire.  For this stop we hitched a ride to Sorobon beach. its a funny little beach that is protected by some far off breakers. There were a lot of wind surfers which looked fun but also like it was difficult to learn in a couple hours so I just watched. I saw Tons of Conch which was different. After headed back to the port, we wandered around the town a little. The surprising part of these islands is that they are pretty arid. More desert than you would expect. 










The Dutch signage was fun.



Last stop was Curacao. This was my favorite of the three, mostly because the buildings were so bright and fun. There was street art everywhere and it was a little more.... I'm not sure what. But I liked it. We didn't really do any excursions there but we had fun wandering anyway. Curacao was the most Dutch influenced than any of the others and it was fun that you could buy a huge round of cheese. I didn't, but it was nice to know I could if I wanted.



















This bridge is built on a bunch of barges and it swings open when a boat needs to get by. 














The rest of the cruise was a few days at sea back to Miami. There were frozen drinks,  books, sunshine and rest. I loved it. 







Happy 25 to us!



No comments: